Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am fairly new at it . I picked up a Fluid Anvil and I have been loving it. If you are good with a noob going along I am in.

I am heading up to Steamboat this weekend with my family and I am going to try to get out in the Yampa.

Keep me posted, I am in.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
538 Posts
I hear there's some pretty sweet boogie boarding at Water World. Maybe you could take it there. Or take Steamboat's advice and give the snowbiking of the river a try.

I just want more people to paddle board, and I assume the original posters wants more people to river board so I was only suggesting they try SUP. I would totally get onto a river board if I had chance.

So in your opinion:

Kayakers=Skiers (or Boarders or Tele, I ski so its my top choice)
Rafters=Boarders/Tele
SUPers=Snowbikes
Riverboarders=Snowblades

???

So does that give Kayakers or Skiers more of a right then SUPers or Snowbikes? Just curious to your opinion and your wise knowledge of both snow and water.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Close.

Rafters would be your fat cousin that sits at the base area all day and does nothing but drink and complain about the weather.

Tele'ers would be the OC1'ers as they usually smell bad and use antiquated technology.

And no, they all have just as much "right" to be there, but that doesn't mean I ain't gonna spray them when they get in my way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not quite sure about snowler blades or what they are. They sound like the equivalent to fruit booters at the skate park.

Where do those mountain/ dirt skateboards fit in?

Even worse, my SUP or river board ends up strapped to the back of the raft most times.

I actually live 20 minutes from Foxton, depending on the flow it is pretty fun. I also try to hit clear creek at least once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dude, my friends Steve Delaney and Eric both riverboard. They've run pine and the numbers over 3000cfs, Gore canyon, Clear Creek of the Ark, Clear Creek at stupid high flows, and freaking Coors falls which was sweet to watch. I kayak and have to say those things are super maneuverable, as well as very fast and nimble in rapids. They can run holes I wouldn't go near and I consider them just as safe to boat with as another kayaker minus the pin kit/rope storage issue. In fact Steve was the one to rescue my friends boat when he got pinned in Upper 10 mile. If you get a chance try it! I loved the tele = C1 joke btw so perfect.

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
I used to do more river boarding than I do now. They are super maneuverable and really fun on some rivers. For rescue and swiftwater work, they are great tools and can be used to get in and across the river to effectively rescue a person or object. I still enjoy a few days a year on the ocean body board down at the G Wave. Drop knee in the middle breaking section is rad. As for the comparison to SUP (down river roller blading), I think both have their place, but the river board can do some gnarly stuff that one would never attempt on a SUP. Sup is great for exercise, balance and can be fun on class II stretches of water. Although I have seen Hoby on the numbers and a few videos of people on harder water, it does not look as enjoyable as being in a raft or kayak. To each there own. I give props to guys running class IV on inner tubes and school people on any craft that are not taking proper safety precautions.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Close.

Rafters would be your fat cousin that sits at the base area all day and does nothing but drink and complain about the weather.

Tele'ers would be the OC1'ers as they usually smell bad and use antiquated technology.

And no, they all have just as much "right" to be there, but that doesn't mean I ain't gonna spray them when they get in my way.
Snowboarders are play boaters, mad skills in the park but can't get down a mountain/river

Big mountain riders are those crazy creekers

Self proclaimed "all mountain" are the remaning 90% of us kayakers boating the same boring shit but still thinking we're so much better than the play boaters and OC1's.

So who would the hard core anti establishment BC crowd be? Pack rafters?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts