Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got that riverbank toilet setup, congratulations me. One thing I am curious about is how people travel with the spare tank once it is full on the river. The inner tank does not seem as stout as an ammo can and they do burp, an issue since I sleep on the groover boat. Does anybody reinforce/seal/tape it? I presume this would also be an issue with eco-safes so chime in there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Once you fill up one tank I just pull it out and put it in the back of the boat, drop a fresh tank in. The tanks are pretty burly I've never had any issues. Also, mine doesn't burp it's totally sealed.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yep. Throw the full tank in the back of the boat. If it's hot out, it can burp the seal as the seals get older. You can replace those inexpensively, or, on a hot afternoon, eddy up away from the group and unscrew the water hose cap. It will stink for a minute but then it shouldn't burp the rest of the day.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I’ve never used my spare, but it looks pretty solid. I guess you could get a padded bag made for it if you’re concerned.

My Riverbank doesn’t burp. It’s totally sealed. I bury the whole toilet at the bottom of the Pacific River bag. No one on my boat can smell it. It’s protected from the sun and heating up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts