Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In November I posted a thread about a river stereo I made for my Dec Grand trip. Got lots of compliments and comments on how canned music doesn't belong on the river. the intent was to have music on the raft/camp while our 25 day, one raft, two kayaker trip went down.

well.... we ran into a group of 14 from Alaska around day 9. we arrived first at Fern Glenn camp for a layover (one of the most beautiful beach camps there is) got our kitchen tent set up, the river sauna set up and the stereo. part of their group showed up and were invited to share the camp with us. they were starved for music and apparently had none on their trip. as their group arrived they were greeted by some grateful dead playing in the backgroud... to their delight. they were also planning a layover at Fern Glenn.

a really fun group of folks, shared my taste in music and were dancing fools around the fire. my ipod required constant charging via a hand crank charging device I brought along. they would take turns cranking the charger all night long keeping the tunes coming. the sauna was in constant use with over heated ladies running into the river to cool off.

back to the stereo... so being a little bit older than the kids from Alaska I liked to hit the sack a little earlier. but guess what all you "no place on the river for canned music folks" they kept me awake for hours with my music playing on my stereo. I couldn't help thinking of all the posts I read on my river stereo thread on how those who bring canned music along are troublesome for others.

so shoenfeld13 and rivermamma it looks like you get the last laugh.

In this circumstance I felt the joy provided by the river stereo for these new friends outweighed my few hours of lost sleep.

It was a great trip.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Hilarious, ironic, and wonderful at the same time. :)

How well did the hand crank work?
20min cranking for an hour of music? More or less?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both nights filled the air with music.

The Ktor hand crank charger was essentially being cranked
By someone all night long. The crankers were supported by
Dancers with beverage and other party favors to help fight fatigue.
They were a really fun group.

Never thought I'd need ear plugs so I didn't pack
Any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts