Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The music the river makes flowing past camp probably tops most of our lists. That said, do you have a song that takes you to the river? The songs that play in your head as you row or paddle. What about camp music? The songs you would love to hear played on guitar around camp? Mabe the soundtrack to the life on a river video you will produce one day. Im curious what music you folks find fits your river life.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good one. Im a Vedder, Dead Head Boatman myself with occasional Parrot Head binges.

·
Registered
429 Posts
When I did the Grand Canyon for the first time 9 years ago my theme song for the trip was Coldplay's "Don't Panic" - the one that has the line about "we live in a beautiful world".

The night before Lava Falls I replayed it several times over on my iPod headphones before I realized other lines in that song were talking about "bones sinking like stones" and there seemed to be a drowning theme going on. I quickly moved on to Railroad Earth's "Mighty River".

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Katie Lee- Folk Songs of the Colorado River... especially Rapids Ahead.
Sung to the tune of Raw Hide! Or is it Ghost Riders in the Sky? Fantastic. I found an original LP on Amazon. $95.00 Wowsers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ride the River, J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton, Black Muddy River, Dead, I Love This Bar, some country guy, and Roxanne by da Police. I tend to sing when not yelling at custys.

Wish it would stop rainin..

Capt. Stinkwater

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jimmy Buffets cover of Southern Cross would likely be my favorite river song.
Buffet has a few good river songs. I have always had a soft spot for "Pirate Looks at Forty" and "Boat Drinks".

·
Registered
23 Posts
cheers ...

up on cripple creek-the band uncle john's band-the dead woodside-megan peters river of love-george strait boatman-yonder mtn. string band water of love-dire straits take me to the river-talking heads drive south-john hiatt fat man in the bathtub-little feat river-leon bridges prospector-cure for the common journey through the past-neil young

·
Registered
13 Posts
On a fishing trip last year on the Salmon River our guide (a classic Idaho racist) whistled and sang to himself the entire time "My Way." I remarked at one point (after 4 hours of this madness) that my favorite version of that song was by Sid Viscious. He said he had no idea who that was - but just really loved Elvis. I said, "Um Yeah, Elvis did it too - but it was originally written for Frank Sinatra."
The look on his face when he realized that his favorite song was for an Italian-American was priceless! He quit singing it right away. Ha

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Probably not what you are looking for,but would be awesome for kayak videos or getting fired up before some hair:

Nazareth-Expect No Mercy and Kentucky Fried Blues
Steve Stevens-Small Arms Fire or Funkcaution
Alphonse Mouzon-By All Means,awesome Freddy Hubbard flugelhorn solo followed immediately by one of the best sax solos you'll ever hear,if you like jazz funk

Dr.John -Right Place Wrong Time for carnage reel

·
Registered
572 Posts
up on cripple creek-the band uncle john's band-the dead woodside-megan peters river of love-george strait boatman-yonder mtn. string band water of love-dire straits take me to the river-talking heads drive south-john hiatt fat man in the bathtub-little feat river-leon bridges prospector-cure for the common journey through the past-neil young
What perfect list to play in your head. Maybe add Mutineer-Warren Zevon, Dixie Chicken-Little Feat & just about any ABB ...Gringo Honeymoon-Robert Earl Keene, Friend of the Devil, Box of Rain, & KYR-GD.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Fatboy Slim-- Weapon of Choice... "Don't be shocked at the tone of my voice. Check out my new weapon- my weapon of choice..." This pairs nicely with my new Burn, and for whatever reason, thinking of Christopher Walken tap dancing to this always gets a good rhythm to my strokes. "You can go with this, or you can go with that." If you haven't witnessed this, please take the time to enlighten yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8

Also... just one little part from Atmosphere- Party Over Here... "Have fun, have fun, have, have, have fuuuun!"

1 - 20 of 55 Posts