Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am just looking for any info from experienced boaters.dont mean to cause a big controversy! just wondering about river play boats. am trying to get back into whitewater boating. I am looking at the wavesport fuse and the fluid spice. I would like to get familiar with river running and then try and play with boat in some holes!(I am a novice rider). have experience in river running and surfing/side surfing) and that's it. seems like fuse and spice are a universal all do boat? and what paddle would you use for type of boating? shorter or longer for hole playing!? and/or longer for creek/river running? any input would be appreciated! thanks! Colorado water!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The spice is a a great boat, been paddling one for 2 seasons. Good luck finding one new right now. The pyranha loki and z one are great river play hull designs, you can be the judge on dealing with pyranha and the "outfitting"

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
152 Posts
I paddle a Fuse 56 at 175 pounds and like it. Seems good for what you're looking for and I love the outfitting.

EZ is smaller and a much older design... I don't really recommend it if you have budget for a newer model. Pyranha Varun and Jackson Fun models are similar to the Fuse. WS EZG is the Fuse predescesor, loved the boat but the 50 felt a little small for me at 175.

·
Registered
245 Posts
my all around go to for play and downriver running is the Jackson Fun. I've had two now and they satisfy my need to both feel safe and be able to stuff myself into a hole expecting to come out upside-down. They'll do anything you need, and get you home too! ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts