Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently got into kayaking while doing a job in south eastern idaho on the salmon river near stanley. I'v only been doing this for about 6 weeks and absolutly love it. But we will be heading back to gillette wyoming soon (hour and a half north west of casper) and have no idea what there is for kayaking back there. I know there's nothing around gillette but is there anything between billings and bozeman montana? what about down by denver? or in the northern colorado area any help would be great. Oh yeah if it helps like I said I'm still in the early stages of doing this if anyone knows the salmon river I'v only kayaked sunbeam dam and below. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know there is some stuff on the east side of the Big Horns, but don't know if there is anything in the beginner/inter. range. Drive over and hit Cody you've got the canyon and the town run. Get Whitewater of the Southern Rockies guide book I'm sure Core Mt. Sports in Cody will have a copy, or you could order from CKS. Whitewater of the Southern Rockies

you've got stuff closer than Denver, once you get down to the Front Range you'll have lots of options. But your looking at 5 hours driving to get to Ft. Collins.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts