Mountain Buzz banner

RIP Bob Johansen

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PhilipJFry 
#1 ·
RIP Bob Johansen! I am so grateful for that one fateful day that I had the opportunity to meet you for a Payette Canyon trip!! I must admit that I was a very nervous about taking you down the Canyon after you admitted to me that you had just been in the intensive care unit last Friday. Your central line was still in place with only a tegaderm patch between your heart and the outside world. What was I getting myself into??!! At that time your chemotherapy was going well, and things were looking up. If I were in your position, I would have wanted to paddle as well. As such, I agreed to go, and we loaded up your ducky and for some class IV goods! You styled the lines through the whole canyon!! When you flipped that one instant in Lone Pine, you were back in your boat in seconds. After being in the hospital for months and more months, you still managed to paddle like a rock star!! Your outlook on life and spirit of adventure was unique, amazing, profound, and beautiful. I'm SO VERY SORRY about the cancer, but I just wanted to let you know that you made a lasting impression on me, and everyone you ever met. You will be missed!!! May there be many stout whitewater trips in the afterlife, with no consequences or meeting for chemotherapy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.