Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Rio Grande near Creed will still be runnable next week? If so, is anyone going to be down there that would want to run it (Wednesday-Saturday)?

Thanks,

Scot

(303) 324-2524

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I think it's done. We hit it back in the end of May with around 1400 cfs crankin down it...I did it last year on the 4th of July weekend at 285 cfs and you could still get down it and have fun. Today it is only flowing 185, which I would say is too low:
Detail Graph
releases are hard to predict from the reservoir, but if you look at the reservoir level for the water year:
Detail Graph
it looks like they have released all their runoff already...however, it seems like they do erratic releases, sometimes just for a day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The section above creede known as the box is probably to low to float right now. It is only running 185cfs. How ever the section accross from creede is running 500 cfs, that is low but definitaly still runable. Reccomended put in would be at the gap, or at palisade camp ground, unless you are fishing then any put in is prime right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was on it this weekend in a 13' raft and it was totally runnable from WW gap down. Next weekend should be the same, especially if they get some rain this week. We'll be up there from Thursday night to Monday AM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts