Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LOL, are you kidding me? We picked up a Rio Chama permit on April 1st when they were released. I just got a voicemail from the recreation.gov help center.

"Hello Kevin, I am contacting you from the recreatoin.gov help center with some important information regarding your Rio Chama permit reservation on August 6th through the 9th. Unforunately, the date of your reservation is overbooked. Although you did everything right completing your reservation, unfortuntaely we had a system error allowing you to reserve the unavailable dates. We understand that this is extremely frustrating and we apologize for our mistake and we are here to work with you to get this resolved, but at this time there are no alternative dates similar to yours that are available. Unfortunately, we will need to cancel your reservation. However, we will give you a full refund to your original method of payment. Again, apologies again for this mistake in our system."

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's wild. Try to reserve it again?
I totally thought about it, but don't want to deal with the BS of them just cancelling it again. I have 3 other permits the bag and am terrified they will make some kind of mistake and cancel the wrong one. Looks like that date is gone now, so whoever just reserved it will likely get the same call and email from them. I keep seeing other Fridays opening up randomly too and am assuming it's the exact same thing happening to someone else. It probably has something to do with the rollovers from last year. Regardless, it's annoying. So far, they have only refunded the $5 permit fee and have not refunded the $6 non-refundable reservation fee. Going to give it a bit of time, but there is no way in hell I'm not getting that $6 back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same thing happened to my wife. Saw an email this morning saying her permit July 9-11 was cancelled even though she didn't do it. We, of course, could not get a hold of the help center yet. Will still try to talk to someone and can update further later. Bummer as it was the only permit we were able to obtain this summer.

·
Definite maybe
808 Posts
I totally thought about it, but don't want to deal with the BS of them just cancelling it again. I have 3 other permits the bag and am terrified they will make some kind of mistake and cancel the wrong one. Looks like that date is gone now, so whoever just reserved it will likely get the same call and email from them. I keep seeing other Fridays opening up randomly too and am assuming it's the exact same thing happening to someone else. It probably has something to do with the rollovers from last year. Regardless, it's annoying. So far, they have only refunded the $5 permit fee and have not refunded the $6 non-refundable reservation fee. Going to give it a bit of time, but there is no way in hell I'm not getting that $6 back.
You have 3 more permits? We need to be freinds. You must be good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have 3 more permits? We need to be freinds. You must be good luck.
Yep, but none of them were won through lotteries. They were all 8AM grabs on release dates. I have been called the fastest clicker in the west (mostly by myself). :D It also helps that we can be fairly flexible on trip dates.

The fact that we have these 3 other trips planned certainly lightens the blow of having our Chama permit cancelled!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yeah, sucks to be you. I got skunked but am lucky enough to have bros that scored a 24 May for Deso and a 18 Aug for Ladore. I’m good. Hmmm, maybe I should put on at the Dam (cheaper shuttle) and fish my down to the Ladore put In over 3 or so days. Anyone into that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, sucks to be you. I got skunked but am lucky enough to have bros that scored a 24 May for Deso and a 18 Aug for Ladore. I’m good. Hmmm, maybe I should put on at the Dam (cheaper shuttle) and fish my down to the Ladore put In over 3 or so days. Anyone into that?
I love deso in May. We got a late August deso. Enjoy your trips!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts