Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some history on this? Had a friend that did it several years ago at the end of june and said they were pretty bad.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ran it in 2019 taking out June 22. The trip was bug free. It all depends on the weather and the water level for the 2 weeks ahead of your trip.

I got lucky and the weather was hot and dry while the river was on the rise.

If they get a lot of rain before your launch or if the river is dropping (leaving stagnate pools) you might want to stock up on bug juice. Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The worst time for bugs is after the monsoons hit, usually mid-July through August. Have seen lots of mosquitos camping on the daily section in Aug. Like the previous guy said, if it hasn't been raining much you should be OK. However, I wouldn't let that keep me from doing a summer trip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bring bug juice - camps that I've experienced no-see-ums and mosquitoes are Below Hot Springs and Rio Cebolla -- but really relatively minor on the scale of bug problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ran this last year July 5-7. Bugs weren't bad except the last day in the flat section around the monastery there were big biting flies in the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts