Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the flatlands of the Midwest. I'm trying to put together some long range family vacation plans for the summer, but want to plan the time off around some squirt time at the Rincon Rendezvous. I saw something on the the Angst board for the first or second week in August. Wondering when the final call gets made, or is it something that gets decided shortly before the get down? One other question, and I've not been been boating out west in like 17 years or so and when were there we stayed at a campground near a railroad bridge at the takeout of the numbers sections - can someone help me with the name of that campground so I can try and work out some reservations?

Deep thanks, Perry

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Rincon

We talked about making it happen the first weekend in August. Last year was a joke for water levels and threw us a big curve ball and we moved the event to Radium on the Upper Colorado. But, this year we will be back at Rincon. Rincon delivers good rides down to 400 cfs, and that is why those dates are picked. On a normal water year the Ark would have at least 750 cfs until the second weekend in August, and it's as warm and clear as it gets.

A few of us have extra boats and always make them available for others to try and use. Please come out and join us and plan on camping just up stream of the seam. It's BLM and bathroom is right there. Rumor has it that we will have a whiskey tasting by Deerhammer Distillery- a great Colorado home grown business.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
We talked about making it happen the first weekend in August. Last year was a joke for water levels and threw us a big curve ball and we moved the event to Radium on the Upper Colorado. But, this year we will be back at Rincon. Rincon delivers good rides down to 400 cfs, and that is why those dates are picked. On a normal water year the Ark would have at least 750 cfs until the second weekend in August, and it's as warm and clear as it gets.

A few of us have extra boats and always make them available for others to try and use. Please come out and join us and plan on camping just up stream of the seam. It's BLM and bathroom is right there. Rumor has it that we will have a whiskey tasting by Deerhammer Distillery- a great Colorado home grown business.
Mmmm, Deerhammer. May have to come for the tasting and just to visit with you boyze...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Hmmm... Railroad campground - who would of ever thought? May have to peek around. When the wife comes on a trip we bring the trailer so I'll need to check the link to find something with power...Thanks for the FB link, I'm already in. Deerhammer - looking forward to a snort. I'll bring out some Spotted Cow from Wisconsin.

Thanks again, Perry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts