Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm guessing enter left

I'm guessing you mean to enter left and go center? You don't mean run the left wall?

Lot's of folks run both entry lines to gain access to the center pinch. Left against the wall and shoot center or right center horseshoe boof to center pinch before mid rapid.

More details please.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I boof the horseshoe at lower flows until it looks sticky and then I start coming in left. The left is more finesse and the shoe is more 'hit it with your head'. Many people underestimate the middle hole on the left wall below the entrance. I've seen several people hit it and get significant downtime in a creeker.

Joe

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yeah. And if your question is "why doesn't anyone run the whole rapid down the left wall" the answer is "because it's full of holes and undercuts." But I don't think that's your question.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I boof the horseshoe at lower flows until it looks sticky and then I start coming in left. The left is more finesse and the shoe is more 'hit it with your head'. Many people underestimate the middle hole on the left wall below the entrance. I've seen several people hit it and get significant downtime in a creeker.

Joe
The mid-rigo mystery move is really something everyone should enjoy at least once or twice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts