Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm behind the ball on this one, but was running the Blackrock section and realized that part of the horshoe ledge in the entrance to Rigor has collapsed. In my opinion this makes the rapid quite a bit easier: the left sneak has much more room and the main line has much more water pushing you to the sweet spot. I'm kinda sad to see this classic Colorado test-piece lose some of it's teeth. That said, since I've got much less mojo these days it'll be nice to not have those big butterflies in the eddy above the drop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummmm..... I can only assume you're joking as river work 20 miles upstream certainly has had no effect on Rigor Mortis rapid.

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
Ummmm..... I can only assume you're joking as river work 20 miles upstream certainly has had no effect on Rigor Mortis rapid.
Whoa, Whoa, WHOA!!!! don't let logic muddy up this issue there Rasta!!!

It's pretty obvious to the rest of us that this is likely the cause of any changes to lower clear creek. I, myself, blame Gary Lacey personally.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That was the plan the whole time. The kayak park was a ruse to alter the surge pattern sending more frequent micro-surges directed at the ledge in Rigor. That Shane is a crafty bastard, we should have never trusted a kid that skinny!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Or possibly this is a conspiracy between two certain owners of clear creek river companies to make this rapid easier so they don't swim it at the identical place.

Just sayin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Linc and I were wanting to go early next week. Been awhile since I've ran it around 1000, yeha! We're going next Thursday too if you have a day off, but it's for work so there's a good chance we might skip some of it and we'll take all day. Heard you have a big 12:30 in the canyon tomorrow, we have a few boats at the same time, maybe we can chat then.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Danny-

You busted me. I was getting tired of portaging Rig on our class IV trip through the canyon and after that picture got posted of me swimming it, the gloves were off.

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
COME ON MAN... why do you think I was trying to shift the blame onto Gary????

I was hoping nobody was gonna say anything.

Oh well, I guess I'll just head down to Golden and start rolling rocks into the river & hope it helps the flow of the water coming out into the gulf!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts