Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Saw this idea on the Buzz a half a dozen years ago. these plastic corner edge protectors are about $1.50/ea at the truck stop or wherever you buy heavy 4" truck straps (Amazon?)

Same use as the NRS cooler corners, way cheaper price. Just gotta keep the cooler from sliding on the straps. Weave the strap through the slots and no more cooler rolling.

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
571 Posts
Probably the cooler brands WWE sells right. What's wrong with Yeti when it's a free 125?
there are 50 + brands of coolers that are better and cheaper than the yets and not one of them is a status symbol for the ass hats in the outdoors. Pick your poison. I just can’t get behind a company known for exploitation and general douchebaggery.

·
faja
62 Posts
@Conumdrum. A free Yeti 125 is awesome. Somebody loves you. I think Yetis are over-priced but they are certainly great coolers. I was an early adapter and that Yeti didn't last well. The company gave me a credit for the full retail price, years after the warranty ran out.They also rushed my new cooler to me so I would have it in time for a Main Salmon trip. From my experience they are great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Remove the straps that are holding the sides of the cooler to the inner double rail. Replace both with loop straps, buckle end wrapped twice around the crossbars (otherwise the buckle will be too close to the cooler to get good tension). Since only one side is visible in the picture I drew both purple and green on the same side, but go the direction of the purple line on one side of the cooler and green on the other. That holds mine rock solid. Also a loop strap over the top as recommended above.

View attachment 65234
Hi Folks.

my brother bought me an amazing gift. The yeti 125. I’m trying to rig it to my frame and am having trouble with it wanting to roll forward and back. I can put two additional frame members alongside, but I’m not sure that will help with the rotation. It’s too tall to sit on the shelf portion of the cooler. Hanging from straps seems the only way....?

any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you! View attachment 65207
this worked amazing. Far more rigid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
there are 50 + brands of coolers that are better and cheaper than the yets and not one of them is a status symbol for the ass hats in the outdoors. Pick your poison. I just can’t get behind a company known for exploitation and general douchebaggery.
I just told my brother to f$#k off and take his piece of s#*t cooler back to the stank where it came from. How dare he disgrace the family family raft with this poison!!! We are just going to float with no cooler now.... that is unless we can find a free range, non gmo, bi, tri, and all inclusive cooler. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi Folks.

my brother bought me an amazing gift. The yeti 125. I’m trying to rig it to my frame and am having trouble with it wanting to roll forward and back. I can put two additional frame members alongside, but I’m not sure that will help with the rotation. It’s too tall to sit on the shelf portion of the cooler. Hanging from straps seems the only way....?

any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you! View attachment 65207
A general thank you to everybody that helped with the rigging solution. I appreciate all taking the time to help out!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dude, a guy asks how to rig a plastic brick a family member gave in his frame and you shit on the brand of the gift. Then you tell him any other brick of plastic will rig better because it’s not that brand. You have a good reputation and are a sponsor here. Act like it. Maybe compare brands and shit on whatever you want in another thread that is asking which brand is better. Tell me a better rotomolded cooler that performs better than a free one that was a gift from the guy’s brother. Or show me on the doll where Yeti touched you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dude, a guy asks how to rig a plastic brick a family member gave in his frame and you shit on the brand of the gift. Then you tell him any other brick of plastic will rig better because it’s not that brand. You have a good reputation and are a sponsor here. Act like it. Maybe compare brands and shit on whatever you want in another thread that is asking which brand is better. Tell me a better rotomolded cooler that performs better than a free one that was a gift from the guy’s brother. Or show me on the doll where Yeti touched you.
LMAO, Thats pure gold there!

·
Beater
92 Posts
Saw this idea on the Buzz a half a dozen years ago. these plastic corner edge protectors are about $1.50/ea at the truck stop or wherever you buy heavy 4" truck straps (Amazon?)
View attachment 65237
Same use as the NRS cooler corners, way cheaper price. Just gotta keep the cooler from sliding on the straps. Weave the strap through the slots and no more cooler rolling.
I used these + loops straps for a couple of years for a cooler and a dry box, there was some frustration in keeping them in the correct place when dropping a heavy 150QT cooler in place but the price was right. Finally made a drop bag for the cooler and got a drybox with welded tabs, much easier to drop in, the cooler is gonna roll a little until you really cinch it down with loop straps over the top. I also received a Yeti 45 as a gift and though it's been a great little cooler, I would definitely support Canyon for any future cooler purchase. They have been supportive of the WW community and have designed coolers for frames, once the old 150 rubbermaid bites the dust I will replace with a Canyon Navigator or Prospector.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I used these + loops straps for a couple of years for a cooler and a dry box, there was some frustration in keeping them in the correct place when dropping a heavy 150QT cooler in place but the price was right. Finally made a drop bag for the cooler and got a drybox with welded tabs, much easier to drop in, the cooler is gonna roll a little until you really cinch it down with loop straps over the top. I also received a Yeti 45 as a gift and though it's been a great little cooler, I would definitely support Canyon for any future cooler purchase. They have been supportive of the WW community and have designed coolers for frames, once the old 150 rubbermaid bites the dust I will replace with a Canyon Navigator or Prospector.

Also what I use, Post #14 on this thread shows how I rigged them. They are a permanent fixture on my boat never adjusted. I attached the 4 inch strap with rivets and washers.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts

·
Definite maybe
828 Posts
View attachment 65237
I tried those a few years back. They were useless. Maybe if I had 1 for a 1 inch strap.

·
Definite maybe
828 Posts
I made a board for under a cooler that works better than anything I've seen. I hang it with 4 straps going around the outside and looping the section of your in between the holes. When you strap your cooler down its very stable.

Sorry I have no pic of it rigged
16195757054755772473072276905285.jpg

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
571 Posts
you need a 4 inch strap or they would indeed be useless.
I make 4” straps out of pvc with buckles sewn too them that work with the corner protectors. The bummer is they cost the same as the NRS ones because I don’t have a factory full of exploited worked to make them:().

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I make 4” straps out of pvc with buckles sewn too them that work with the corner protectors. The bummer is they cost the same as the NRS ones because I don’t have a factory full of exploited worked to make them:().
So a 1" strap/buckle sewn to a 4" strap? that's brilliant!!

I wonder if they make a 2" corner protector...would fit more common straps. I have permanent 2" loops sewn to sling my cooler and drybox. Once you figure out the height with NRS loop straps, I tend to never really change it...and made the 2" straps that same length, popped the crossbars off the frame, slipped the loops on, and put the frame back together. Saved the loop straps for other uses.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts