Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

my brother bought me an amazing gift. The yeti 125. I’m trying to rig it to my frame and am having trouble with it wanting to roll forward and back. I can put two additional frame members alongside, but I’m not sure that will help with the rotation. It’s too tall to sit on the shelf portion of the cooler. Hanging from straps seems the only way....?

any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the NRS Adjustable Cooler Mounts for my Yeti. The metal brackets help keep it from rolling back and forth. It does pivot a bit, but holds much more secure than just straps on their own.

NRS Frame Adjustable Cooler Mounts | NRS
Great. I like that idea. Some aluminum sheet bent at a 90 with slots cut for the straps. And maybe rivet the straps to the plates? I will try it out. Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do loop straps over the lid too. We have had cooler lids get ripped open. Never worried too much about slight rocking back and forth.
I think that’s probably a good idea. I was trying to avoid that for ease of getting in and out of the cooler, but what we talking 30 seconds to lash a couple straps? Also I’m not to big a fan of the angle on the straps I have on there....

thank you!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not a fan of NRS cooler mounts.

I use loop straps even with my Canyon. Need something to strap down the table and Paco Pad.

I believe that is your issue and unless you fashion some type of floor your cooler will always float without those straps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
x3 on the Loop straps on top. No brackets. I haven’t had an issue with rocking. Same setup on both of my boats and have no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the NRS adjustable cooler mount with loop straps over the top. There was a little fore and aft pitching, I cut up a cheap yoga mat and threw that on top of the cooler...gave the loop straps enough purchase on the cooler lid and solved about 98% of the movement.

·
Registered
274 Posts
+1 on maps and white towels...

Depending on group size, my preferred sandwich is cooler, wet towel, Paco Pad, table, map - nice to have that flat/hard table surface for L’iL’ suckers etc...

·
Registered
60 Posts
A buddy of mine slipped a section of clear flexible tubing on to his suspension straps just a few inches longer than the bottom of the cooler. The idea was to provide just enough friction so the cooler won't rock.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I made my own cooler hangers from load corner protectors that truckers use and some 4 inch strap I had laying around.. I fasten my sides just like you but always have one strap over the lid for just in case plus it holds my wet towel and map.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Remove the straps that are holding the sides of the cooler to the inner double rail. Replace both with loop straps, buckle end wrapped twice around the crossbars (otherwise the buckle will be too close to the cooler to get good tension). Since only one side is visible in the picture I drew both purple and green on the same side, but go the direction of the purple line on one side of the cooler and green on the other. That holds mine rock solid. Also a loop strap over the top as recommended above.

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
571 Posts
Hi Folks.

my brother bought me an amazing gift. The yeti 125. I’m trying to rig it to my frame and am having trouble with it wanting to roll forward and back. I can put two additional frame members alongside, but I’m not sure that will help with the rotation. It’s too tall to sit on the shelf portion of the cooler. Hanging from straps seems the only way....?

any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you! View attachment 65207
The best way to Ricky yet he is in a $450,000 speedboat properly equipped with hookers and red blow. There are so many better brands out there that are not completely blown out and overhyped… And Cheaper!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Remove the straps that are holding the sides of the cooler to the inner double rail. Replace both with loop straps, buckle end wrapped twice around the crossbars (otherwise the buckle will be too close to the cooler to get good tension). Since only one side is visible in the picture I drew both purple and green on the same side, but go the direction of the purple line on one side of the cooler and green on the other. That holds mine rock solid. Also a loop strap over the top as recommended above.

View attachment 65234
Genius! Man I love this forum. Thank you much!

·
Registered
81 Posts
We went through this, too, with a 110. I tried a few options, but ultimately ended up using a drop bag underneath and loop straps over the top for all of the reasons mentioned above. I like to stand up on the cooler to boat scout as it is in front of the footwell, and this was the only way to get the stability I wanted. A plywood or other hard floor would provide more, but we didn't want to go that route.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts