Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Hey Leland, good to hear from you. Great Write-up. Sounds likne an awesome boat. I should be getting the Prijon Hercules today and can only hope I have feedback as positive as that to share. Unfortunately My demo will likey be limited to a lake for now.

Beyond ready for moving water, Dave[/i]

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Thanks for the indepth review. I have paddled the h3-245 but at 210 it felt a little small. However the 255 seemed huge. Did you really think you were on the upper end of the range for the new Burn M? I would really like to try one of these out but I find that at my weight I am inbetween sizes.

·
River Gypsy
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first off, I did not feel like I was anywhere close to the top weight on the medium Burn. I guess I would say I'm somewhere in the middle. I would be happy to put 35lbs of overnight gear in it and still creek. it was the h3 245 that felt like I was at the top of the weight range at 170.

as for comparisons to the M3, I would say that the Burn is certainly higher performance. I haven't paddled the M3 in a couple of years, but I would say the Burn is a good bit faster than the small one, and at least as fast as the big M3. it's also narrower, which made it easier to get good aggressive vertical strokes in. it planes out better than M3 so it ends up turning faster and being very maneuverable at speed.

I wish I could say more, but I would have to go back and paddle the M3 again.

Dave - good hearing from you as well. Hercules looks like a solid boat - should be a good one for you.

Leland

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lelend, I boated with you along with Warren Wilson 7 or 8 (9?) years ago a short run here in CO. I in my invader and you in the cutting edge, new inazone. Thanks for the burn review, will have to check one out. I'm curious about your impressions of the stretch for an inbetween boat. Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Golden River Sports. Also there is a good chance you will be able to check out demo burns, 420s and stretchs in Pueblo the 22 and 23 of this month.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
How good is that chance? I would like to try one out and was going to probably take run down there that weekend so can you update us as to whether you will have the Burns down there?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Burns coming soon

I was told yesturday by Pyranha that we should have a demo and a couple for retail (med) by the end of next week. Lg should be a end of Apr early May and the small in mid-may.

Can't wait to try this one.

-Sean

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Ok, so does this mean that one of you will have one at Pueblo on the 22nd and 23rd?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts