Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-
Mike Mather here. Marty at Centennial Canoe will be hosting an ACA river rescue class that I will be teaching the weekend of April 28th and 29th.

This class is at a reduced price of $125.00 and the deadline is March 22nd. At this time there are 8 spaces left.

Thanks,
Mather

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
ACA vs Rescue 3

What is the difference between a SRT or WRT class and an ACA class? Does the ACA class focus more on the Kayak related aspects or rescue? Does it matter that I am a rafter and have no kayaking skills?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The classroom and dryland training will be held on Sat the 28th in Centennial at a school near the intersection of Mineral and Corona. The river day (the 29th) will be on the Foxton run about 45 minutes outside of town.

SRT & WRT are Rescue 3 classes. SRT is more for professional rescuers like firefighters however, WRT is geared toward whitewater professionals like raft guides. My ACA course is very similar to WRT but less expensive ($275)and less gear intensive more so quick and dirty single or two rope systems. The ACA class is suited for any whitewater paddler professional or private, kayaker, rafter, canoeist alike it is a way of thinking.

Keep the questions coming.

Thanks,
Mather

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More class details

Hey everybody-
The first day of the class will be dry land training only. However, you will need your throwbag, helmet, pfd, paddle and any "rescue gear" (carabiners, webbing, pulleys) you might carry. If you do not own these things wait till after the first day of class so we might make some suggestions.

Day two you will need all of your river gear except your boat (if you want to paddle after class by all means drag it along). We will be swimming in the lovely snow melt fed river so you need to dress more warmly than you may normaly. Close toed, heavy soled shoes are a great idea. I realize you may not wear these things boating but this is a class and it is hard to learn while you're freezing with your banged up feet. To sign up contact. [email protected]
Thanks,
Mather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts