Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little rip on my left wrist of the drytop and I was wondering if there is any way to fix this at home? its not a very big tear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If its the gasket, just replace it. If its a tear in the material itself I would first check to see if its under warranty and if not try sewing it with floss/aqua seal of find a patch of some kind with aqua seal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tenacious Tape. $5 for a 3"x20" piece. It's like duct tape but no sticky mess and removable if you decide to get it repaired. I've used it on rain flies, gtex jackets, down jackets, temp drain plugs... Be sure to clean the area well with rubbing alcohol first. I put a small oval inside and outside the hole or tear for redundancy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This: Tenacious Tape. $5 for a 3"x20" piece.

Don't even consider sewing. I've had Tenacious tape on multiple holes in an old dry top for many years - it's great.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You could also try Boulder Mountain Repairs if you live near Boulder. I think his hours sorta suck as they are m-f 8-5. They heated some seam tape on a a few holes in a tent fly a few years ago and I was really pleased.

The manufacturer may have some repair ideas and/or repair facilities, but as Randy hinted at, please don't try to blame them as that makes things tougher for everybody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts