Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I will be starting my move to Oregon from North Carolina. I have a friend joining me on the drive and was hoping that we would be able to run Gore Canyon on the way out there. I will have my creekboat with me, but she won't since she'll be flying home from Portland. Is there anywhere near Gore that rents or demos boats? I was hoping to not have to go too far out of the way to get the boat, since we're already tight on time. I will have a playboat with me as well, and was considering the option of one of us just paddling it if we cannot find a creekboat. Whats Gore like at this level in a playboat?

Thanks,
Laura

·
Registered
851 Posts
What day? I will be up there nearly everyday getting ready for the race and might be able to meet up with you with a Nomad or Mamba. If not, Alpine Quest Sports in Edwards is a good option as well as Glenwood Kayak and Ten Mile kayaks in Frisco.

As far as a playboat, its good to go. A bit squirlly in places but plenty of paddlers do it all the time. When in doubt its easy to walk stuff.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts