Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone in Colorado/Utah or Wyoming be willing to rent me a motor for my fall Cataract Trip? Willing to pay $350 for a week's rental. OR does anyone know of a place in moab that would offer this kind of service? Let me know. Trip dates are October 19th-25th. Or If you have a motor, you can come on my trip.

With all the stoke,

Jack

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi Jack,
Welcome to mountain Buzz!
Inviting someone with a motor is probably your best bet, but if you end up needing to rent, I think Navtec in Moab rents outboards, if I’m not mistaken.

Have a great trip down there, wish it was in the cards for me to run it this year.
Definitely feel free to reach out if there is any beta I can help out with, been down there 6 or 8 times now.
Leaving on a river trip tomorrow though, and definitely can’t complain, gotten to go on a lot of great trips this year. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just an FYI you will be required to register your boat and make placards with your numbers to display. Also the Westwater guy required me to have a fire extinguisher as well which i never had to in the past.

Might be interested in the cat trip let me see and will get back to you im doing a quick overnight westy Tuesday back Wed...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just an FYI you will be required to register your boat and make placards with your numbers to display. Also the Westwater guy required me to have a fire extinguisher as well which i never had to in the past.

The Utah state boating act https://stateparks.utah.gov/activities/boating/boating-safety-equipment-checklist/ RECOMMENDS a fire extinguisher to be carried, but open boats with an outboard under 50 HP are not REQUIRED..

It used to be that you only needed one is the fuel was stored under decks, it IS required on Grand Canyon that you have one though, for what that's worth. There is nothing I can find in the Westwater River Use stipulations that come with your permit requiring one though.

I have a 15 hp Johnson that I'd likely sell you for 300.00, spare prop and such, I bought a Tohatsu propane motor this year and will never use a gas motor again on the river.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes i sat an argued with Bob there that exact point but he made me pull my motor and leave at WW. I have been motoring that stretch for over 15 years so needless to say i was pissed! Well i have one and will be bringing tomorrow anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts