Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the bulkhead out of my (2016 Model if that matters) Director. What am I missing? I also didn't realize how thick it is, like 6". Just figuring out what gear can go where on its first self support trip.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't know, but have you tried contacting them?

Looks like you should be able to since they state you can swap between their foam foot block and the standard adjustable bulkhead:

FAQs – ZET Kayaks Canada

Looks like 4 mounting points for the adjustable to remove.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed Cascade Raft and Kayak. Maybe they will know. I have to be missing something. I've done it on many boats but cant' figure out how to remove the side support bars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you look at the plastic central pillar supporting the foam bulkhead (with the bungee) you will see a plastic through bolt with flush sides. This through bolt actually unscrews. Once you unscrew this bolt you can lift up the plastic support and remove the central pillar and bulkhead.

How long are you self-supporting?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that's a huge help!

Just a 3 day trip this go around. I usually get on 3-4 self support trips a year for up to a week each one. I prefer to store some things up front if I have room, help level the boat out. The Zets bulkhead is so thick and I'm 6'-5" so the bulk head is all the way forward. I doubt I can get anything up there but willing to give it the old college try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts