Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I weigh around 185 and am considering a remix 79 but am concerned there won't be enough volume. How do people of similar weight float in it? Does it feel like 79 gallons or more?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I started out in my remix 79 at 205 without gear, now down to 190 without gear and the boat works great for me

the 79 has a lot of volume and can carry a big load well

hope this helps

·
addict
741 Posts
I'm similar weight and have owned a couple 79s. Rad boat. Think you'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
846 Posts
you weigh 185? I guess you are tall so it makes sense. The 79 is fine at that weight (same as me). If you are looking for one boat to creek, river run and do expeditions (e.g. cali multi-days) you might want to think about the flying squirrel 95. The remix is sweet around here and on gore but when loaded with expedition stuff I would rather have the extra volume in the deck they put on the squirrel.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not yet, I am going to wait until the spring. Hopefully LL will have an "event" for paddlefest or somewhere out here so that the shipping charge can be avoided.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I love my Remix, I paddle mine at 200lbs not counting gear and safety kit in the back and have no complaints except that I cracked it at the end of last season and didn't know it until March...

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
592 Posts
No Kevin it was not warrantied, I am the 3rd owner and it is a hull from 2008. I was just only one of the owners that paddled it like it was meant to be paddled (read: not on a lake or flatwater). It served me well for 2 CC highwater seasons, a full Bailey season and 2 seasons of safety boating on the Ark before it cracked

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
I'm 175# and paddled 69 for a year. If I missed a boof the lack of volume was noticeable either by sub-ing out and losing down river speed or back enders on the super scoop. It's a really fun river runner but I don't know if it's really the greatest creeker. Personally I think more rocker and volume is safer in pinny type situations. Never paddled a 79 but they are clearly the more popular size.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm 205 and the 79'is plenty of volume for me. In fact I'm thinking about getting rid of it and going to a slightly smaller boat as I'm mostly doing easier day trips now or in my raft/cat.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Marshall (the original poster) was/is rocking the 79 in Mexico right now and seems to be digging it (except for the constant welding and skirt blowing), so I guess he has his answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts