Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All
I just sent this out--but I do not think it will be enough of an impact for any real changes through the Pueblo Play Park:

This afternoon, Reclamation and its partners are testing the newly constructed North Outlet Works at Pueblo Dam, specifically the new river gates that control the release of water from the dam to the Arkansas River.

The outlet is being tested by running water through it at different flow rates. Intermittently, releases ranging from 5-1100 cubic feet per second will be released from the new outlet works.

Reclamation personnel are monitoring the test at the new outlet. It is expected to last most of the afternoon and will be repeated again on Tuesday, June 26.

Those recreating immediately downstream of the dam should be aware of fluctuating flows this afternoon and again on the 26th.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any related questions.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All,

We will run another brief test of the outlet works this Friday, June 22 around 10 a.m. Like today, flows immediately downstream of the dam will see some fluctuations for short periods of time. Recreators in that area should be aware of the more frequent flow changes.

Tuesday, June 26, will be the formal test of the outlet works.

Best,
Kara

1 - 2 of 2 Posts