Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need to pick up a throw rope and I noticed they are waaaaay cheaper at REI than RMA, but I was wondering if they're not as safe or reliable as the more expensive RMA throw ropes.

·
Beginner
2,589 Posts
RMA sells above retail because they're the only kayak shop in town. Buy one from REI or order from a Colorado company like DRE or CKS.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Do you like having a locally owned kayak shop? Would you rather drive to Denver whenever you need something specific to real boating? Then the answer seems simple to me. Pay the extra and support local business. You probably get your machiato at Starbucks and your tires at Walmart so you can save 10%.

Locally owned business used to be the backbone of the American Dream. Do the right thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My Opinion

I bought my first throw bag on sale at REI for super cheap. I got what I paid for. It took little more than one swift water rescue class's worth of use to destroy the bag. The rope is still great, but not nearly as useful when it's a big tangled mess when you need it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I liked having a local snowboard shop, but the Boardroom closed last summer. Now I regret all my internet shopping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts