Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen one of these? My neighbor just picked it up for $100 and wants to set it up as a WW raft for our local run class II+ / III run on the Poudre. I think it is doable, but get ready to get wet and bucket the hell out of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have an Avon dinghy with a wood transom that I take down my local II-III(IV-) run once and a while (900-1100cfs). Pretty fun. A little more work for sure. Once you bail out enough to flip it, that’s the best way to get the water out. Never done the poudre, but if there are some good pools to flip and re-right you should be golden. Be careful flipping against shore, the extra weight and sharp rocks/sticks might make for a bad day.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've seen one go down the Nenana in Alaska a couple times. That one had a skilled guide who knew the river, an oar frame, and another guy to bail. The second guy wasn't very big; the first one was a bit taller than average. I don't remember what it was flowing but at least a few thousand CFS. Class III/IV-. Never saw them flip, but they might have once or twice. :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I run my 82 redshank with a conduit frame for low water fishing and its so light and easy to move. Its a dog when it gets much water in it but thats just the way it was before self bailers. Looking forward to taking it down the Gorge this summer for a splash and laughs. Fully expect to buckle and flip it in Tumbleweed. The rubber on those old boats is so supple that it doesnt exactly get drum tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts