Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that some companies are recycling boats at gauleyfest each year. is there anywhere closer to colorado to take a couple broken boats? i am heading to summersville wv to visit my parents and other family in two weeks, and could take these boats back there. i don't want to haul them across the country if i can recycle them here in colorado though.

tried searching but the most recent post turned into a boat and funds drive for csu. couldn't find anything else.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not only at the gear swap will we be doing recycling but you can drop off your boats to be recycled any time we do a monthly drop off at the recycler.

Scott
Confluence kayaks
303-433-3676

·
Registered
186 Posts
if any one has a junk boat huge crake what ever they are looking to recycle I would be very interested in doing some amazing weld work and building a topo quatro for the hole family to get pummeled in...
Please call i will pick up used,beat down, and just shy of dicinigrated boats and give them a great new life.
Also i promise that at the end of there mildly reuseable life to properly recycle them.
Please call 970 846 0896 Chris Baer

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have a micro 240 if anybody is interested huge nasty crack on front left side of hull
i've got another micro 240 with a crack under the butt. it's leaking pretty good, i broke it early in the run on gilman two years ago, but made it through the run with only one stop to empty the boat. the boat is in steamboat if you want it.

the bottom is worn pretty thin and any welding would probably not hold up long.

also have a "low volume" wave sport x that the guys at the old factory in oak creek tried to cut down and weld back together. contact me if you want either of them. i'm going to try to recycle them otherwise.

·
Registered
186 Posts
yea i would love both of them make an x240, or something like that i will definitly be in the steam boat area in the next month

·
No seas pendejo
120 Posts
I have a Riot Air 45 with a 12" rip under the seat. I am in Basalt...

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
My understanding is that Keen is sponsoring a recycling event at Paddlefest.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Baer,

I have an old dagger animas with a hole towards the tail if you want it. Might be in a good spot if you're cutting the bow/stern off to weld boats together. I'm near boulder...pm if interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts