Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 14' raft two years ago and I have been spending most weekends of the summer out on the river. I have become very comfortable with class III/IV rapids and I have done a couple overnight trips in colorado but I think its time I learned more about safety and rescue on the water.
I would like to take a course in colorado this year that will help me be safe on the river. I often have people on my raft that do not have much experience and since I plan on many more rafting trips in my future I feel this is important.
What class do you recommend I take? And where is the best place to take it? I hope some of you have some experience with various colorado options and can give me some good advice, Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
just curious. what class 4's have you been getting comfortable with?

............. sounds like you all ready have boating skills... and like mentioned , its time for SWR and WFR if you really want to take safety to the next level...

you may consider taking your Swift water Rescue on a river that you plan to spend a lot of time on... or if looking for an adventure try going to a new area to expand your repertoire...

I know Dvorak is one of the most trusted names in Colorado SWR....

have fun!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.