Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see on their site when they are announcing the lotto results? I believe last year was the 4th.

Thanks and best of luck,

Zack

·
Registered
354 Posts
Lottery Results Available February 6, 2015
The lottery drawing is completed in early February. Applicants will need to log into their profile at Recreation.gov to see the results of their lottery application(s). Email notices will be sent to all applicants, but occasionally may not reach your inbox, so be sure to log into your profile to see your results. Do not assume no email means no luck.

I'm champing at the bit to get the results too!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
yep. I had been checking today because the last two years they released them on feb fourth.. The site says results will be available starting feb 6th.. :(

·
Registered
711 Posts
And, the website says the results for Lodore/Yampa will be posted by mid-Feb:

"The Lottery results will be available on Recreation.gov by Mon Feb 16 2015"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Feb. 6th? or 16th?

Unless I'm missing something, I think the lottery results are on the 16th? Trust me, I hope I'm wrong.

Attention: Dinosaur National Monument’s Yampa and Gates of Lodore, Green River Lottery 2015 is now closed.
Beginning February 16, 2015, applicants can check the results of the lottery by signing into their Recreation.gov account to see if they drew a launch date.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
yeah they like to drag it out and keep our hopes and dreams alive.. they are really getting good at slowly crushing out dreams and leaving us dissapointed.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Salmon-Challis National Forest - News & Events

Did anyone else notice this little gem of a message.
That sucks! Not only did they let people in late, but they won permits AND now we know that they know the results and won't tell us until Friday. At least the latecomers didn't win the Selway. Oh well, Hopefully I will be happy that they didn't rerun it when I get my SUCCESSFUL emails! ;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I just wrote to both Recreation.gov and the USFS (link on the news release). They need to fix this, at least NOT give the permits to those latecomers and pass them on to someone else. Next in line, sub lottery, who cares. Just get them to someone who met the deadline. Grrrrrrr.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Talk about better odds, 5 out of 49 for the middle fork, a 10 percent chance of getting a permit when your a late applicant. I don't like it at all it sucks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
That sucks! If their still allowed to launch then the penalty should be no choice of camps during the round robin.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
What's so hard about voiding 92 late application winners, and letting the computer select 92 more winners from the legit applications. Seriously, how much longer would that take? Would it delay the process for maybe a day or two? I'm not sure what to think about the Forest Service....are they heros for publicly admitting that they screwed up, or idiots for admitting that they caught a mistake, did nothing to fix the mistake, and gave highly sought after permits to people whose applications were late. Yikes!!!!!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I am still confused how the recreation.gov portal allowed late entries to be submitted. And this is on top of them botching the San Juan lottery closure time as well. There should be a contingency in payment for private companies with government bids/contracts that mess up something as simple as a lottery. Sucks that the only people being held accountable are the general public who failed to win.

Phillip

1 - 20 of 121 Posts