Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I waited until the last minute and can't call them today, can one of you tell me on the new system how this works with paying the per person fees up front? I hadn't used the rec.gov for this yet, more used to dealing with the park service and their flat rates.

I can't seem to find any information on either getting refunds if you pay for too many people up front or is it better to just pay for 1 person to accept the permit then pay as you add people. It doesn't even really talk about making changes through the system after the acceptance step.

Any help much appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
We pay for one person and then edit the trip information before the final deadline. We pay the fees online, which I think is their principle way. Its listed as an option in the current reservations tab.

I don't believe the refund money ever. You can always add more people before the deadline though, at least if you are within the river regulation limits.

These are the nice aspects of rec.gov, especially the ability to print off permits at home.

Best of luck.

Phillip

·
Registered
806 Posts
Pay for one person for two days to confirm your permit. You might even be able to just pay for one day. Add people and days to your permit as the trip approaches and your plans solidify. I believe you have until 3 days before launch to make changes, but I may be wrong. You cannot add people or days at the launch site, at least with the 4 rivers lottery.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I got a Main Salmon permit this year.I put down 1 person for 5 days paid $30 for 1 person on the permit, totaling $36 including the $6 for lottery application. Canceled and got $30 back. You can add or subtract on line or phone, but only prelaunch, not at put in is my take on it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I got a Main Salmon permit this year.I put down 1 person for 5 days paid $30 for 1 person on the permit, totaling $36 including the $6 for lottery application. Canceled and got $30 back. You can add or subtract on line or phone, but only prelaunch, not at put in is my take on it.
I concur if you cancel within guidelines you only lose the $6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts