Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GrRrRrRr....had myself a July 12th cancellation on the Yampa all set up this morning. Went to pay and clicked confirm...work internet reset my connection and I lost the permit. I'm just venting, frustrated and now super fucking pissed

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a June 1st Yampa, but someone with faster internet got it. Everything was gone in a fraction of a second, just like last year. My DSL can't compete with ISDN for people at work.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little venting. It's good therapy. I had internet issues as well. Browser got hung up a bit right at 8am and by time I got to June, there was nothing there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hard to believe all the low use permits for gates for end of sept beginning of oct were gone in in about 10 seconds! I was there at exactly 8am and nothing was available wtf!

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you hung around, Oct dates were popping back in as people decided not to follow through with checkout. I had 4 different dates in my cart at some point before settling on the one I liked the most.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you hung around, Oct dates were popping back in as people decided not to follow through with checkout. I had 4 different dates in my cart at some point before settling on the one I liked the most.
As the saying goes...hindsight is 20/20 ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont give up. People will be canceling dates once they figure out someone else in their group got a permit for the same time frame. Our group will be canceling a fall date because of this.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Agree with sockdolager, be persistent, as many times as you can possibly check the site, stay positive, good luck to all!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does anyone know why the permit fee went up to $200? I got an April 16 and was shocked at the cost when only 2 people were on it to start.

It's been a standard flat rate of $185 for a while now. Plus your $15 reservation fee and you get your $200. I believe they are looking at raising the rates even further. It really hurts the small groups which have the least impact on the camping sites IMHO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dont give up. People will be canceling dates once they figure out someone else in their group got a permit for the same time frame. Our group will be canceling a fall date because of this.
Agree with sockdolager, be persistent, as many times as you can possibly check the site, stay positive, good luck to all!
Last summer, I saw a Yampa permit pop up the day before its launch date. If you can't make the trip, cancel it sooner so others have a chance to go. It turned into a wasted permit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Out of curiosity, with the one permit at a time rule, could low-season permit-holders snag a high-season date, and then cancel the initial reservation? Or would the rangers have an issue with the brief overlap where two permits were held?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think the one permit rule applies to non-lottery dates, although I may be wrong about that.
The one trip per year rule applies to lottery dates, but in addition you aren't allowed to hold more than one permit for high or low at the same time. Probably a moot point since getting a prime cancellation is unlikely, but want to make sure that if it does come up I go about it the right way. Has anyone heard of this being a problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My internet connection is slow because I can't afford the faster version. I think Rec.Gov needs to level the playing field and let the poor folks have a chance at getting a permit too. Otherwise, I feel I'm being discriminated due to lack of funds for ISDN internet connection.
It used to be you could check through out the day for a cancellation....now the show is over by 8:01AM MST and the poor folks with slow service are left in the dust.
REC.GOV---PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My internet connection is slow because I can't afford the faster version. I think Rec.Gov needs to level the playing field and let the poor folks have a chance at getting a permit too. Otherwise, I feel I'm being discriminated due to lack of funds for ISDN internet connection.
It used to be you could check through out the day for a cancellation....now the show is over by 8:01AM MST and the poor folks with slow service are left in the dust.
REC.GOV---PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!
I believe they are going back to the old system. see the bolded in their announcement.

Starting at 8 a.m. Mountain Time on Monday, March 11, 2019, any declined lottery launch dates that were awarded for the Salmon River will be released. Any lottery dates that have already been declined will go out all at once; launch dates that are declined afterwards will be released randomly. On Saturday, March 16, at 8 a.m. MT, any unconfirmed dates will be released all at once.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
BOT's might be back in play since I see no CAPTCHA types of signing that was required last year. Permits for Hell's Canyon started showing last evening the 10th.

Never a dull moment.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe they are going back to the old system. see the bolded in their announcement.

Starting at 8 a.m. Mountain Time on Monday, March 11, 2019, any declined lottery launch dates that were awarded for the Salmon River will be released. Any lottery dates that have already been declined will go out all at once; launch dates that are declined afterwards will be released randomly. On Saturday, March 16, at 8 a.m. MT, any unconfirmed dates will be released all at once.

Did anyone see any MFS "declined" permits available this morning.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts