Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a camera for kayak shots...

Looking for a Rebel XT at the moment, but curious what ya'll might say. What should I expect to pay?

I have two Canon lenses, so I need to stay Canon...

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have the XT, and i really like it, though i have only shot some kayak stuff. it gets really good battery life, i lost my charger a month ago, and i still shot 280 pictures last weekend, after shooting about 200 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is your price range?

XT can be had anywhere from $500 to $1000 depending on condition, accessories and memory chip. If you really want quality images go cheap on the SLR body and spend your money on the right glass. You can have the nicest camera but with a shitty cheap lens on it you're going to lose image quality. When shooting whitewater in shaded areas you will see an awesome difference between a f2.8 lens and a 3.5.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have one and love it. Does everything I could ever need. As for quality, several of the shots have been used in our recent ads. I got it about 8 months ago. I did get an upgraded lense.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yo craw i got my XT with a 18-55mm lens and the body on amazon for about $560.00. and i love it!!
Josh

·
Registered
429 Posts
For around the same price as the XT, you could pretty easily find a used 20D, which has a metal body (much more durable), a much better sensor and a lot more features.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts