Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names Randy,
Im in Vail area for the summer as an intern and decided that i was gonna focus on kayaking instead of fly fishing, mountain biking and climbing. Bought a boat about 8 weeks ago and on my way home my engine blew in my jeep. Needless to say it took me a many weekends to fix but im ready for boating. I work at the hospital and every one either road bikes or fishes. Not kayak

I am all geared up, I DO know how to roll but the only place ive put in at is the pond in eagle-vail. I didnt want to kill myself in high water and i just dont have anyone to shuttle with.

I am here for 4 more weeks, I was wondering(new to forum) how does everyone meet up? i dont mind driving anywhere, as long as we can get some paddle time in. I get out of work M-F around 4-5. Any one going kayaing this week?

let me know.

-rb

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Estes Park and I just posted a request for a partner to paddle here. I too am willing to travel and Vail isn't too far. Would you be willing to stick to class II streams?
I'm a beginner and barely know how to roll.
Dave
315-532-3943

·
Registered
16 Posts
Randy - If you wanted to give some of the Poudre a try, give a holler. I'm out of town 7/11-18, but open past that. Should still be some water for a while yet (hopefully!).
Kelly
970-222-2634

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heck yeah, Im up for anything, remember anything is better than the pond ive been practicing in. As i said before i would like to do some boating during the week and weekend. We have great stuff on the colorado down here. Im busy this weekend but all next week is open and next weekend im game. Lets get something going and kelly well hit you up when you return. Whats estes look like for water?

Randy 815 690 4209

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok its nice down here in salida good river to run , im new to sport too but love to run river , sat after noon or sun after noon its about 2.5 hrs to here let me know roger 719-947-2551

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I get back the 18th and have weekday and weekend days to get out and am good for anything on the Poudre from Stevens Gulch (Upper Mish) down.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I ran the Ark practically everyday. If you want to run something on the ark just send me a PM and we'll hit it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts