Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this?
If so...around how much did it cost to HAVE it done??

sub-question...is it easy to do yourself??

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
easy..
2 4x8 sheets of 1/2 or 3/4 inch plywood. Use a sealant coat on the wood. The tough garage floor paint is nice, use a lighter color. Wrap with outdoor carpet if so inclined. Total cost should be under $100.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just redid my trailer this spring. It is really easy to do yourself. It probably took me a total of four hours. I used two half inch 4x8 sheets. I then wrap each board individually with outdoor carpet. I glued the carpet down and then wrap the carpet around to the back side and stapled it down. I did this to hopefully avoid peeling. Then i predrilled holes and screwed it down. Total cost was around $150. But it is well worth it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I guess I'll give it a shot this weekend...gonna try and re-do my lights as well...which are completely corroded.

·
Registered
124 Posts
try trex...

I used 3/8 x 12" trex knock off trim boards, no need for sealant or carpet. I used 2 thru bolts at each end and in the middle. My boat slides on and off easily. I have had a couple of bolts loosen up on long, rough shuttles. But I'm happy.

·
Definite maybe
721 Posts
i would steer away from the plywood if the trailer has to be strong enough for the momos after a couple years of weathering. id spend alittle more and use decking and screw it down with tek screws. i have redecked car carriers this way but using a much thicker board. if you screw down one end you can easily work out any warpage of the boards as you work your way down from crossmember to crossmember

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you can spend a little extra I would try and find SkidGuard plywood. It is the same type that you see on some commercially produced river tables.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
I just did this to extend a 10 ft trailer to 12 ft. I used leftover 2x6 deck wood and deck screws. It was easy. It took about 4 hours and most of that was measuring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts