Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo,
I have see that most raft frames are made out of Hollander Speed-Rail fittings however, The company that I contract installation of stairs rails and fences for has an account with RB Wagner; which would make ordering these a matter of picking them up from a wholesaler in the city. Its a matter of saving $50 and not having to wait. I am exited to get my new/refurbished 16' Incept raft frame set up.

Both are 535 alloy. Global sells these types of fittings too.

RB Wagner like Globalindustrial had thetr 90degree elbows with set screws on the inside and outside radius like this---

Fittings & Railing | Kee Klamp Fittings | Aluminum Magnesium Kee Klamp™ Pipe Fittings - GlobalIndustrial.com

Hollaender has there set screws on perpendicular or on top of the frame.

Will i regret going with RB Wagner fittings?

Anyone with any experience with RB Wagner or GlobalIndustrial fittings?

Here is the the links for the 2 catalogs.

http://www.hollaender.com/files/1/Product_Catalog/2266_FullLineCatalog_Update_F.pdf

Speed-Rail Slip on Pipe Fittings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow those are nice! Your right I think its worth the extra $175 bucks for those to build a 4 bay frame.

Just for this Threads sake, is there a problem with fittings that only have set screws on the inside and outside and not on the top or z axis.

Would it twist easier under a stress?

I know it would be harder to through bolt down towards your boat.

Its hard to beat $8 RB Wagner fittings for economy though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I Could Not Follow your Link. But I Did Look At The Wagner Fittings. From What I Saw, I Would Spend The Extra On Hollander Fittings. The Set Screw Looks Much More Sturdy. If Your Going To Be Doing Big Water.

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f15/lets-talk-side-rail-racks-41145-5.html#post261447

Here Is A Link To Some Pics Of My Frame. I Drilled through The Tubing Into The Boards And It Made It Real Sturdy. But It Will Not Break Down.

The WhitewaterMachine Works Fitting Is More Like A Low Pro NRS Fitting. Will Break Down Easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts