Mountain Buzz banner

Kill the Rattlesnake or Let It Go

Rattlesnakes; Kill or Let Live

32K views 122 replies 61 participants last post by  swimteam101 
In a recent thread someone posted they had scratched a MFS camp off their list of camps due to a snake lying on the trail to the groover. The snake was destroyed in favor of the people in the camp.

What's the feeling of the buzzard crew about the question of kill or not?
I'm in total agreement with this person. I'm mean, like, totally! We should not only kill every single snake, ant, bee, fly, wolf, bear and whatever other specimen that may interfere with MY sanitized experience in the wilderness, but also go in and install concrete patios and walkways that service river areas with plumbing, hotels, air conditioning, bars, cable, wireless service, and any and every possible consumer goods product that can service the needs of MY experience in the wilderness. Because when I am in the wilderness it is about ME, and MY sanitized experience and safety, dammit! And I WILL find an attorney who will sue whoever, or whatever, if I so much as get a mosquito bite! And while we are at it... could somebody PLEASE start altering the rapids on these rivers to make it easier for MY safe experience on the river! Gosh, how rude that these little critters would intrude upon MY experience in the wilderness!

(sarcasm alert!... for those who may not be adept in catching that kinda thing ;))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.