Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's waaaayy better than that

Per the interwebs:

"The collective noun for a group of rattlesnakes is a coil or a rhumba. A group of any kind of snakes can be called a knot, den, pit, nest, or bed of snakes."

Hopefully the OP still has time to edit his or her original post. Should read:

"We saw a rhumba of rattlesnakes on the scout trail!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep they are out there... 12 yr old boy was bit on the lower lower d over memorial day weekend ... Life flight snatched him out of the canyon and took him to Portland. He is doing well apparently.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Great to hear he is doing OK and hopefully he learned a good lesson and will be paying attention in the future! Early season is always when the snakes come out! Have gone to tie up the trees on the Grand in April or early May and been chased out many times! Pay attention!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scout?

pardon my ignorance, but what is the "scout trail". Is this near whitehorse?
One of my group got buzzed tying a raft near North Junction three weeks ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Appears to be some Oregon/Colorado confusion here......
The Warm Springs put in for the Deschutes doesn't require much scouting unless you forgot where you put down your beer, but usually easy going rattlesnakes can be found in the area; Warm Springs rapid on the Yampa needs a scout by most, but can't attest to the temperament of the local rattlesnakes

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yep they are out there... 12 yr old boy was bit on the lower lower d over memorial day weekend ... Life flight snatched him out of the canyon and took him to Portland. He is doing well apparently.
Dang that sounds painful. I'd rather get bit anywhere than on the lower D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts