Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
Big hit by the Cheesegrater. That looked fun as hell. How was there that much water by your feet?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yardsells, is that trick photography or is it really that exciting? Nice run, I always enjoy watching your videos. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great run.

Sooo, you happy with your build?! Sweet rig.
Your tubes are a little longer than 22 right? You did a great restoration on them. They look brand new.

I saw your frame from your other post. My buddies Steve and Yeager have a very similar frame. They had a swamper accidentally drop a lid from one of their deck boxes into the river.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great run.

Sooo, you happy with your build?! Sweet rig.
Your tubes are a little longer than 22 right? You did a great restoration on them. They look brand new.

I saw your frame from your other post. My buddies Steve and Yeager have a very similar frame. They had a swamper accidentally drop a lid from one of their deck boxes into the river.

The boat is great. Just need to rig up a bimini. Other than that it is dialed. Yeah, my tubes are 24' DIB's (although I am dreaming of a new set of double enders, the kind Western runs as the outsides on their J-rigs). The lid for the large box can be very awkward when loading and unloading. A bit surprised it has not gone over yet.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The boat is great. Just need to rig up a bimini.

The lid for the large box can be very awkward when loading and unloading. A bit surprised it has not gone over yet.

I got an eBay bimini for ~$110, it has been awesome.

Would it be worth adding hinges and gas struts?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Gothic Theater.

Bogart is a boatman, hepburn gets addicted to whitewater.

https://youtu.be/j2b0rwneKCw
I first saw the "African Queen" at the Gothic Theater on Broadway Street in Denver, in 1973. Completely forgot about it. Watched it about 10 years ago though on TV. Thanks for bring it up. You're right Bogart does remind me of some old boatman. I know it was produced in the 1950's.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw it when i was a kid in the 70s. I recently rewatched it and now its one of my favorites. Hepburn's reaction to the whitewater run is classic. Bogart reminds me of boatman. Boozin, boat sleepin types.

I think this movie and the opening sequence to the old tv show "land of the lost" might have played a role in my penchant for whitewater and my 30 year river career.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I saw it when i was a kid in the 70s. I recently rewatched it and now its one of my favorites. Hepburn's reaction to the whitewater run is classic. Bogart reminds me of boatman. Boozin, boat sleepin types.

I think this movie and the opening sequence to the old tv show "land of the lost" might have played a role in my penchant for whitewater and my 30 year river career.
I thought this was one of the ultimate raft scenes?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8x2PcmL4pg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts