Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've often wondered if it's legal to run those rapids now? The ones that Spielius ran back in the day and is on youtube. Looks big, though doesn't look that hard- would be fun to take a playboat down it.

Does anyone know if a permit is required, or who I would contact to find out more about this?

Merry Christmas!

·
addict
739 Posts
there's some modern footage of the niagara gorge in scott lindgren's burning time 2. don't know the legality of it though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is illegal to launch a water craft from US soil below Niagara Falls, which is the only realistic place to put-in from what I understand. There is a way around this however, you can launch from one of the jet-boats upstream of the rapids legally. Wilderness Tours runs these jet boats, which also runs rafting and kayaking programs on the Ottawa River. The owner of Wilderness Tours allowed his son, Joel Kolawski, and some of friends, the Jackson Clan, to launch off one of their boats. I doubt he would do it for anyone else.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naigra rapids

Thanks! I'll contact them. Any other jet boat operators that you know of for that area?

I wonder if it's legal to launch from the Canadian side. Any thoughts on the legality of landing a watercraft on the U.S. side?

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts