Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
It's on the "Burning Time 2" DVD. That's the worst swim I've ever seen. On the DVD he said he was getting pressed against the bottom at one point. The guy that went after him said he was scared shitless. He got worked in the typewriter lateral after -2 and he said it ripped his thigh braces out. The Zambezi segment of that DVD is awesome. I don't paddle big water... watching it on DVD is scary enough for me.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah that was an incredible segment on Burning time 2. That swim was brutal, and Dale's attitude about it was classic, laughing and shrugging it off.

One thing that amazed me is that the guys run it in the smallest playboats. I'm not sure why. Is it that they think that the playboats will be held less in the holes? Or do they just paddle everything in the playboats thats not a creek? I big ass water its nice to have a bit more boat to not get pushed around as much. I guess those guys are that good that they can usually pull it off.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I asked one of the Zambezi types and he said that yes playboats are better cause they tend to go right through most holes. Much better than a high volume boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts