Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
That brings up a good point. I have actually witnessed some of my male friends attempting to piss up through their skirt and out of their kayaks (It didn't work). For that specific male-only application, a shorter tunnel would be advantageous.
Haha. Piss up through their tunnel? Nah, you're sposed to pull your skirt and its called fire boating...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Why is it called fire boating???

Are they trying to extinguish a fire???

Is it emergency status- aka- "where's the fire?"

Is this some sort of game? Is it anything like the bar in town that has mini footballs strung across the urinals... practice your aim, make a goal, and relieve yourself.

This rant has certainly taken an interesting turn!
Oh jeeze... Why did I ever post in this thread? :) I always thought it was called fire boating cuz the stream of piss resembled the stream of water coming from a fire boat. This terminology and the mentality and for that matter the physical ability came from a bunch of teenage kids I was paddling with almost 20 years ago.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Dear god! I was just thinking about how much I am over the winter. Ready to get out and stretch that new manly sprayskirt over my big cockpit, take some deep strokes in some freshly melted snow...

My new Burn has been sitting in the living room since Christmas... the tree went away, the boat stayed. Every night before bed I sit in it for a few minutes... then in the morning before work, I do the same...
Awesome! The Numbers and Fractions are running at nice levels. Pick a day in the 40s or better and come paddle.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I think Numbers is definitely a bit about my skill level right now... maybe Fractions though. Just makes me nervous boating a new, unfamiliar run in the winter. Not good at rolling, but good at swimming :)
That's smart. Do you paddle the Elk? Have yet to paddle it and was thinking road trip this spring with camping at Strawberry Hot Springs.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
We've done a short trip on the Elk. We did the Mad Creek section, considered the lower. Super pretty and fun, very mellow, we definitely plan on doing some more this Spring, like from Hinman bridge down to Mad Creek. Above that, the Box is beautiful but way too much for me! By the time I was ready to take it on this summer, the water was too low to do the middle section. If you're going to make a trip over, consider camping elsewhere. Strawberry Park Hot Springs is cool to visit, and cheap if you want to rent a cabin or whatever, but it's about an hour from there to where you put in for the Elk. You can do free camping, pretty much right on the Elk River, on County Road 64 and 64A. Do Strawberry Park just for the sake of the soak, the cabins there are decent if you want to pay $60. Then you can do the town run and Fish Creek too if you're up for that.

Give us a holler if you do come up!
Yeah, visited the hot springs for the first time early this winter with my boater gfriend and came up with the idea of combining the springs and a boating trip. Probably wouldn't be looking to paddle the class 5 drops but would consider paddling from there all the way to the confluence with the Yampa. Do people do that bottom section?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.