Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to see how odd I am. When ever I go on a multiday my BM's come to a halt for at least 2 days. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not knowing what your eating habits are it's hard to say...

One thing I would recommend is to drink 32oz. of water first thing in the morning, before any coffee or food...that should get you going...more fiber too...chia seed!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Caffeine will actually help get things going.

I prefer to actually to be slightly constipated when in the woods/on the river... Easier clean up.
( just wanted to share :) )

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
500-1000mg of magnesium will open you right up.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Bacon must also be consumed on a daily basis to maintain proper intestinal lubrication
I am so sad, just found out that I can no linger eat pork. I feel like having a funeral for my bacon love. We even raised pigs at a friends house. Ugh.

·
I am so sad, just found out that I can no linger eat pork. I feel like having a funeral for my bacon love. We even raised pigs at a friends house. Ugh.
Sounds like you need to find a new doctor.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Alternating hot and cold beverages at the same sitting (so to speak) is an old river runner, backpacker trick that works... Figs will do the job, seem to work quicker than prunes, etc. Or just conjure up Crystal at 100K...hole was about 25 feet high and 60 feet wide (1983)...that will send you dashing for the groover.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
:( Sorry to hear that!

My mom can't eat pork, so we rarely ate it growing up. I never realized how much food you can make out of the other white meat until I met my wife..whose family all raised 4-H pigs.

Bacon is just the gateway drug to pork. :laughing:

·
Registered
146 Posts
You're not the only one. My system usually shuts down for 2-3 days without thinking about it or any discomfort. I think my subconscious hates a groover, b/c the first stop we make after a trip I wreck their bathroom. Never thought I'd talk about poop with so many people...

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Just to see how odd I am. When ever I go on a multiday my BM's come to a halt for at least 2 days. Am I the only one?
Funny, I thought I would wait and see what kind of responses you got before posting Jason....

I do not have a problem with this :D I stay extremely regular on the river, to the point that I wake at the same time in my tent that I do in my bed, and have to find the groover.....

Bacon helps, as does coffee! :p

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
"A day without pork is like a day without sunshine." Anita Bryant? Or was it Chris Christie?

OP you 're not odd, just irregular. Yougurt as dessert or nighttime snack might help.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny, I thought I would wait and see what kind of responses you got before posting Jason....

I do not have a problem with this :D I stay extremely regular on the river, to the point that I wake at the same time in my tent that I do in my bed, and have to find the groover.....

Bacon helps, as does coffee! :p
Logan it was just a humor post to see responses. So far so good

·
Registered
287 Posts
a good poop is the first necessary process in battling a hangover. drink up the night before;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're not the only one. My system usually shuts down for 2-3 days without thinking about it or any discomfort. I think my subconscious hates a groover, b/c the first stop we make after a trip I wreck their bathroom. Never thought I'd talk about poop with so many people...
I think its same for me. Its not like I'm hurting but have a general dislike of poopin outside a restroom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts