Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the colorado like at these flows. I have never down this stretch before and fairly new to the game. Is there anything that could cause trouble? I did the Upper Gunny last week between North Bridge and Twin Bridges and feel somewhat confident in my class II stretches. I have an inflatable pontoon if any fisherman interested in doing this next week.......

ballgame

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I see a lot of people in inner tubes and canoes on that stretch......lacking life jackets........no worries.....you'll be fine.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I floated that section last Sunday. Water level was typical for mid summer flows, no big stuff to worry about but still enough water to avoid rock gardens. It's all fairly mellow with a few small class II rapids for intrest. An excellent run for the novice boater.

Many folks will float that section on inner tubes and pool toys. Last week I saw some one floating it on an SUP with their dog! (SUP = stand up paddle, like a big surf board) The little store at Rancho can set you up with a shuttle for $30.

The fishing is good along this section, I caught some nice browns in the 18-20 inch range on streamers while my buddy was taking them along the bank with a puple ant pattern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts