Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there who has added foam to their seat to make them sit higher? I am quite short in the torso and find that my life jacket is always in the way when i try to roll. I put in a 1 inch piece of foam on top of my seat and have been using it this way at pool sessions all winter and really like how it is so much easier to get the front end down as well as not feeling suffocated when setting up to roll. Now... I am concerned on how it will feel on the river, whether the boat will be super tippy.:rolleyes:
Any beta???

·
Registered
328 Posts
I added a Jackson happy cheeks which helped raise me up a bit, provide a comfortable place to set my ass and stop me from moving around. Overall I think it's more stable now and I have more powerful strokes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Jackson Star and also have the happy seat, but I added an extra piece of foam under it as well. I don't look like such a shrimp anymore. What kind of boat do you have GPP33

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I prefer raised seats. With my Pyranha I only raise my seat about an inch with regular foam, in addition to the standard outfitting.

When I was younger and smaller and trying to flatwater cartwheel a Riot Glide, I eventually raised my seat a full 7" from the bottom of the boat. I don't recommend this since it made the boat very tippy, and tricky to roll. It also was sweet because it gave me the leverage to really move the boat and throw the boat around despite my small size and long boat.

There is a happy medium. If you feel short, raise it up a bit. I've found that 1/2" increments are noticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts