Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good stretch of river Class 3 or 4 to run for a day in one of these two regions on my way down from vancouver. I know they have not had the greatest winter and water will probably be lower but if you can suggest something that will be running around July 17th I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Check out the White Salmon in Southern WA. Across the Columbia River from the town of Hood River, OR.

Sweet river mixed w/III & IV's

DP

·
Registered
5 Posts
check out the boulder drop section on the Skykomish River east of Everett on your way down. The AW website has a great write up of all Washington Rivers, flows, directions, etc...

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree that in a normal year the White Salmon would be your best bet (3+ with a clean 12 footer) but if the level on the Husum guage is below 1.5 it'll be pretty bony. You might consider the lower deschutes. Its only class 3 but pretty fun if you take the hardest lines you can find. It always runs and is guaranted to be warm. Its often crowded in July and August so a week day would be best if you can swing it. Make sure to get a boater pass b/c the rangers are everywhere and will slap you with a big ticket if you have no boater pass.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Sky is probably your best bet, the Noooksack near Mt BAker and the Skagit always have water. The wenatchee is also running but is 2 hours from seattle. The deschutes in N oregon is also fun but Hot . The roadsoide section near maupin is the easiest access and most concentrated WW.( class III)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts