Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine and I are looking to get off work a bit early today and enjoy the Cfs in my new raft. I was wondering if anyone had any beta on the Poudre. We have never ran it and are Arkansas river boaters. We run the numbers very frequently and have ran pine, but are not trying to get to in over our heads with a new boat. Are suggestion on what we should run today and maybe a beta or a link to a previous thread?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You paddle rafting or running an oar rig? The lower section from Gateway Park down to Picnic Rock is a great stretch, fun water with fairly easy lines to an experienced boater. But like we saw this weekend you can get in trouble. If you are thinking further up river you will need others to respond since I stay on that lower section mostly for fishing.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If you R2 numbers/Pine Creek you should be good on everything below the narrows. PineView Falls is an easy scout where the rock gauge is and you can see most of the river as you drive. Not sure on the level but if enough water put in at Stevens Gulch and float all the way through bridges.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it got just under 2.5' on the rock gauge Friday... I would imagine a slight drop with the temp change, but it should spike back up I would think this weekend...

No problem with R2ing at these levels if you're boating those runs on the Ark! It is a bit tighter/technical than numbers, but the rapids don't seem as powerful. Keep an eye out for wood as I would imagine it's going to start moving around... not sure what's new in the canyon after the fire either... The fire was a decent click upstream though from the narrows...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts