Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Beginner
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received some good feedback on here when I asked about a roof rack, so I thought I'd share some pics of my new rafting van. 2013 Chevy Express AWD. The Neoprene seat covers were custom made by Wet Okole in Hawaii and are so sweet! And yes ladies, the Paco Pad bed does have Melanzana pad sleeves. Here's to a great season on the water!

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive side-view mirror

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Vertebrate Trunk

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Luckily vans have much better buoyancy than jeeps.
You made my morning..
That there would be called a "Dumb Ass Tax"..
You know he's not a rafter, or he'd have been swimming after the cooler with the beer!!!
"I can hear him now, "But the dealer said it'd go anywhere !!!"

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I now have van envy. Vanvy?
x2
I used to have a 93 Dodge Grand Caravan as a kayaking/rafting rig. Then had toddlers and it didn't have a rear door on the left, so it was hard to buckle kids in car seats and Sherman went down the road.
Went to a series of Subys for commuting and a couple of Motorhomes for camping and boating. Now the kids have graduated and I want back into a van for boating and camping

·
Registered
265 Posts
I give these vans (Express/Savana AWD) 10 thumbs up. V8 power, decent mpg @15-19, plenty of room for 2 + pup, comfy ride and go places that surprise some 4x4s.
We have a simple fold up bed platform which is easy to remove for ski season and comfortably fits 5 around lil buddy. Spring, summer and fall bed stays in and the goal is at least 30 nights/year in a van down by the river!!
Prices like everything are pretty steep now (I paid $10.5k in 2010 for my 06 with 120k miles) at least double that now. They made a cargo model with barn doors on both sides.... very convenient.
I don't have van envy but now I have rack envy dammit

·
Beginner
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the good replies gang! The rack is awesome. Made custom for Chevy vans by Victory 4x4. This van is definitely a beast! It belonged to the military in Virginia so I assume it was a CIA attack van! Only 25,000 miles and 10 years old!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for all the good replies gang! The rack is awesome. Made custom for Chevy vans by Victory 4x4. This van is definitely a beast! It belonged to the military in Virginia so I assume it was a CIA attack van! Only 25,000 miles and 10 years old!
Now I have van envy too. A CIA attack van!?! Mine delivered O2 in it's first life, I need a better story...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts