Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nrs

Edit, I thought that is where I got mine from but I do not see them on their website, so I do not know. Maybe I got mine from CKS or Riverboat works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
River Betty

Thank you. I will check it out. Want to purchase for my future son in law. You are talking with a 66 yr. old who has gotten to raft three times and LOVES it!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Walgreens has these plastic lids that snap onto cans, turning them effectively into bottles. You can close the bottle cap, making them great for keeping water out of your beer. I think its $10 for 20 of them. Combine them with a holder and they are a great, cheap solution. Plus they come in different coliors, making it easier to tell whose beer you are drinking!

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,248 Posts
Make some out of a piece of 3" pvc... cut it up into pieces the height of a can, make some 1" slots across from each other at the bottom by drilling a hole then pressing sideways on the bit till it is wide enough to slip a strap through, total cost will be about a buck apiece plus the cost of a short camstrap

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have that NRS drink holder referenced above, I do not raft but it came on a NRS cooler and is detachable:

NRS Saddle Bag

It has a mesh bottom and is fairly rigid so I think it is more of a holder than a koozie for keeping it cold. Not saying it does not help hold temp, but I think there are better designs out there for keeping a beverage fresh. I use it a ton and do like the design as the lid folds back and velcros out of the way.

I cannot find it on the web to save my life, its not on their site, and my explanation will not make sense, but Alpine Quest Sports has a typical koozie with a neoprene skirt on the bottom much like a kayak's skirt. Its like 6 bucks and is the best thing I have ever seen on a river trip. They will stick to absolutely anything with a flat surface: raft tubes, dry boxes, my kayak, my dash board on the shuttle for Westwater, stuffed dry bags - there was little I could not get it to stick too if a smooth surface and it hangs onto pretty dramatic curves like tubes and bags.

It is the simplest sweetest solution I have seen other than it does not have a top like the river betty. So you will have spilled beverage on rough rides, but it did not come loose that I noticed unless you choose to un-stick it. It worked on air seal so as long as their is a beer or cup with flat bottom it sticks until you peal the skirt back so it holds both beer and cocktails.

Maybe AQS can post a picture as it is a sweet product and I am getting like 6 next year as I already lost mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts