Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a kayaker, I am often frustrated when I have to wade through many many posts about rafting hardware or family friendly rafting trips, when I'm really after something quite different: hella sick whitewater and everything kayak related. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Has a separate "rafter's forum" ever been suggested?

One more post about cooler sizes...

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I see. Apparently other people HAVE had this thought before.

And clearly I don't have a cooler. Rafting always struck me as a little too scary. Isn't it kind of dangerous?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Its been debated many times and then everyone starts bitching there are two many forums as it is. Its a boaters forum and it maintains the best balance that we have seen over the years.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can't you just select what you read by title? I never got it why some folks seem compelled to read each in every post in a message board regardless of subject matter. I only read about 25 percent of what is posted and I both kayak and raft.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Leif, I feel your pain. I too yearn for a day when all my clicks yield 100% unbridled incredible kayaking action.

If it were up to me, I would only have three forums...

Radical Class VI+ Badass Kayakers Forum
Rafters MacGyvering Shit Forum
Loud Mouth Mofos Talking Shit Forum

In election years you might also consider a "Your candidate is f$cking retarded, and so are you... forum", but this is obviously a subset of the loud mouth mofo forum and deemed redundant.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I like the Buzz just the way it is.

I started boating in canoes, went to kayaks for many years, discovered rafting some 5 years ago.

My opinion is it is all good!

Bottom line I like the way the Buzz covers it all.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
YEAH! And while we're at it; I think Winter Buzz should have a separate "Le Monoski" forum.

Help me bring The Radness to the Buzz.....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Leif, I feel your pain. I too yearn for a day when all my clicks yield 100% unbridled incredible kayaking action.

If it were up to me, I would only have three forums...

Radical Class VI+ Badass Kayakers Forum
Rafters MacGyvering Shit Forum
Loud Mouth Mofos Talking Shit Forum

In election years you might also consider a "Your candidate is f$cking retarded, and so are you... forum", but this is obviously a subset of the loud mouth mofo forum and deemed redundant.
I like that idea. I don't even kayak but like seeing the crazy shit being done, and the Stikine thread.

Also can anyone tell me the Beta on running Ruby Horsethief at 3,500cfs. How many millimeters of water will I need for drinking? I'm also open to suggestions of how to strap my cooler in, should I used loop straps or normal straps?

Water is rising!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
How many millimeters of water will I need for drinking?
this depends on what kind of water container you are using...For example, if its a nalgene, 10 millimeters would be different than if you had 10 millimeters in a 5 gallon pig. also depends on how much boozing you'll be doing. genneral rule, millimeters of booze should equal millimeters of water so you can stay safe and hydrated out there. that being said, I would probably bring 100 millimeters per person per day. in a pig, not a nalgene...

also, don't bring your dog on your fancy plastic raft decks, because it'll require even more millimeters of water, and calculating THAT is a real bitch...

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
LOL @ the water discussion!

I wonder if it would be helpful for yakers and rubber riders to make discussion titles to reflect the topic. For example titles like:

[Kayaking] Fixing a crack in play boat
[Rafting] How to pack a raft
[Kayaking] Rafters suck, kayak till you are dead

Then hitting Home/Portal link at the top left would display the threads easier for people to sort through the unwanted stuff. Making another forum wouldn't really help if you are looking at all the Buzz discussions.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Umm, I have a big cooler, and a small cooler and then this neoprene thingy that holds a 6 pack of tall boys with ice. If I bring my two dogs on a Ruby horsethief trip via the upper c ending on the delores what kind of strap should i use to hold my bong to my plywood deck that isn't finished with marine grade interior grade paint and is it o.k for me to drink the beer that the kayaker asked my to carry for him because I think that 12 cans out of that case just might push me over my weight threshold.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
he even asked for a ride through the flats and then complained that 1/2 his beer was missing and asked me why my dogs were acting drunk. The wonders never cease to exist

1 - 20 of 35 Posts