Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Looking for some advise on trailer size for a Aire 143 D raft. Will a 7' x 12' flat bed trailer work?
Thanks.

·
I have a 143R that I carry on a 7x12 plus I built racks to carry a Jag on top.

·
But why no roller across the back for a whitewater trailer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
nice trailer

Would you mind letting us know how much that trailer cost? It looks freaking beautiful.

ditto that thought, really nice. where did you buy it, do they keep them in stock or was it a special order? C & B's website says they only sell to dealerships.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought it from Terry's Truck and RV in Mountain Home, ID. It's not cheap. I paid $2450 including tax, spare tire, etc. But when I ordered, he said the price was going up soon due to the price of aluminum. I got the impression they don't sell very many. C&B made the trailer after I placed my order. It took 2 or 3 weeks to get it. It's a really nice trailer. The tongue is long enough to put a motorcycle rack on it. It has a 3500lb axle. It has neat lights all over. I've put over 2000 miles on it since I got it mid-march and it's been great. It came with mud flaps, they already fell off, but other than that, it's my favorite new boating toy.

www.[B]terrystruck[/B].com/

I had a roller on my last trailer. They are nice, for the first boat. I have two 12.5' sotar cats. They are easy to just lift on the trailer, so I don't really miss the roller. But I probably would if I had a heavier raft.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've found that you can do a 14 foot raft on a 10 foot long trailer. It extends off the back a bit, but it works great, and it keeps the trailer a little lighter and more compact. and cheaper.

Thanks,
Nick Wigston
Whitewater Tube/CKS Rental Center
www.whitewatertubing.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts