Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally went through with registering my raft for a motor in Utah. I would like to know how and what everyone is using for their number board. I don’t imagine anyone would put the numbers directly on the tubes.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I use a thin piece of plywood with holes drilled in it for thin rope and then tie it to a couple of D rings on the front of the boat. I painted the numbers on it and clear coated it with enough room on the end for the registration sticker. I've used it for years with no problems. You'll need two of them of course.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Similar to what I use. Mine are white plastic baseboard material with hardware store stick on letters, just remember to make the lettering reverse for port and starboard and leave room for the year sticker.

·
Registered
RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
458 Posts
We use a piece of .090-.125 aluminium and then cover it with a 3/8" piece of Plexiglas to protect the numbers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would this be sufficient hanging off the sides of course 2”x 3” letters View attachment 58863
I do something similar, except on a piece of aluminum with para-cord to hang it from. I also have friends who just put stickers on their motor.
To completely hijack this thread, what do you think of those pressure monitoring caps?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking that they draw more Pressure attention than maybe necessary. Always checking on them while in route and letting air out to maintain the 2.5 psi max. Usually keep them around 2 psi while traveling and they get topped off after the boat hits the water.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Numbers on your motor not compliant with Utah law. Use zip ties to hang from your d-rings or chicken line - easy to attach and detach. Nice job on the clear plexiglass or whatever it is above!
Pressure caps useful if you don't have thumbs, elbow or knuckles... let's see, times 4 chambers that's like $125 - did Dave Scammed'em invent 'em?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Numbers on your motor not compliant with Utah law. Use zip ties to hang from your d-rings or chicken line - easy to attach and detach. Nice job on the clear plexiglass or whatever it is above!
Pressure caps useful if you don't have thumbs, elbow or knuckles... let's see, times 4 chambers that's like $125 - did Dave Scammed'em invent 'em?
Good to know. Not my setup, but I will stop suggesting it. Deso ranger was cool with it, but he seemed a little sunbaked, or maybe just baked...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Deso "ranger" is BLM, sometimes volunteer. What you need to watch out for is Utah DNR, often @ Nefertiti or Swazey's...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this recently and like you I put them on a piece of plexi glass and attached the plexi to my raft frame via zip ties. The other reason for doing this was so I could transfer the motor to different rafts if I want. I took the boat out on Echo Reservoir and the water cop told me it was fine.

·
westernCOboater
12 Posts
Well I finally went through with registering my raft for a motor in Utah. I would like to know how and what everyone is using for their number board. I don’t imagine anyone would put the numbers directly on the tubes.
I made a plastic hanger thingy and buffed off corners so it would not pop my raft. Hated it. So i made a stencil and used a giant sharpie to ink directly onto the tubes. Look closely and you can see the sticker above the numbers. The sticker will of course peel off after your first trip. The sharpie numbers have to be renewed occasionally but its easy to do with a beer in one hand.

View attachment 58958

·
westernCOboater
12 Posts
I made a plastic hanger thingy and buffed off corners so it would not pop my raft. Hated it. So i made a stencil and used a giant sharpie to ink directly onto the tubes. Look closely and you can see the sticker above the numbers. The sticker will of course peel off after your first trip. The sharpie numbers have to be renewed occasionally but its easy to do with a beer in one hand.

View attachment 58958

1 - 14 of 14 Posts